Tuesday, January 10, 2012

The First Time


"A man is never more truthful than when he ackowledges himself a liar."  Mark Twain

So, with equal footing established between myself and the millions of other bloggers, I'll embark on this as-yet defined exercise.

I'm here for several reasons:

- I am a copywriter and to call oneself a copywriter means one must also blog. This is a law.

- My wife is 21 weeks pregnant with twin boys. This is an interesting time. So this could prove of some use to family, friends and -- if I do something right -- a large audience of strangers (hopefully not the creepy kind).

- As trite as it is, this is a creative outlet and is more productive than some of the other avenues I've pursued.  

As I move forward, it's my intent that both the content and the audience of this space will take shape. I am well aware that the world needs a new blog with an ill-defined focus and audience like it needs a hole in the head (assuming the world has a head of course).

With regard to the look of the page, I'm learning and working on it. So, in the event that you had a thing for Garamond and sterile, white web pages, you're in luck -- for now. 

So, these are the parameters. I promise only the heartiest of efforts to not bore or repeat or to preach -- though I do loves me some preachin'.

Sincerely, 

Blackwell

2 comments:

Shanta Hendrickson said...

I am glad you are starting this blog. I am so happy for you. I will be visiting this spot regularly to keep abreast with the excitement of getting ready for the little ones.

Blackwell said...

Thanks Shanta.
I'll do my best to make it worth your while.