Thursday, January 12, 2012

Daddy Bootcamp


"The time has finally come to share our wonderful news that we are expecting our first child together."  Britney Spears. 

I went searching for powerful quotes about pregnancy. What I found was too sugar-saturated for a Hallmark card or, posited by Carrie Fisher or Britney spears. 

I'll be heading to Daddy Bootcamp this Saturday. Mrs. Blackwell suggested it and I agreed to attend. I have zero idea what this bootcamp entails but, really, how does one say 'no' to that. 

"Yes honey, I know we have twins on the way and I have an appalling lack of knowledge on child rearing but, for the love of God, the Heels are playing the Seminoles."

I'm game for new experiences and I'm not too proud to admit what I don't know. That said, I've got very little tolerance for weird. So, if this thing derails from the practical (ie. diaper changing and dealing with crying) and I start hearing words like "ethereal" and "religious," I'll leave a vapor trail on my dash out the door. 

That said, I've got an open mind -- and a DVR. I'll let you know how it goes. 

Well, I'm still figuring this space out and learning as I go. The only blogs I've ever visited with regularity all share a common thread of excellent focus. They don't deviate frequently. I'll try to do the same once I figure out what not to deviate from.

In my quest to get to know Blogger better, I'm trying something new with each post. Today I'll try to add a picture. Enjoy. 

Blackwell 


No comments: